Preparation time - 2 to 3 minutes
Cooking time - 5 minutes
Makes - 2 servings
Ingredients to make Idli Upma:
1 tablespoon oil
1 big onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon urad dal
1 tablespoon chopped cashews
7 to 8 idlies
( ideally left over)
Salt to taste
8 to 10 curry leaves
A pinch turmeric powder
3 to 3 green chillies finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
To serve with:
Method to make Idli Upma:
- Crumble idlies with hand and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they crackle add urad dal, cashews, onion, curry leaves and green chillies. Cook them for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add turmeric powder and salt to crumbled idlis and mix well. (be careful while adding salt.)
- Add it to the pan and mix well.
- Hot and quick Idli upma is ready to serve.
- With the same ingredients veg. idli upma can be made. Add par boiled carrots, boiled green peas, capsicum and tomatoes to it.