By Naiya Sheth : Learn how to make Methi Pakoda. Hummm yummy and spicy Gujarati peoples all time favorite Methi Pakoda is here. So it's a homemade recipe for delicious pakoda with dip. Normally it available on road side shops also, but may be oily and unhygienic. Basically Methi - fresh fenugreek pakoda is an Indian snack recipe with lots of methi and coriander leaves and gram flour - besan. They are crispy and rich in goodness of methi and coriander.
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 5 minutes
Serves - 4 person
Ingredients to make Methi Pakoda:
1 1/2 cups finely chopped methi - fenugreek leaves
1 1/2 cups chopped coriander leaves
8 to 10 finely chopped green chilies
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 cups besan
3 to 4 table spoon curd
1/2 tea spoon soda bi carb
2 to 3 table spoon oil
Oil for dip frying
Ingredients to make Dip:
1/4 cup curd
1/2 cup water
2 table spoon besan
A pinch turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 to 3 green chilies finely chopped
1 tea spoon oil
1/4 tea spoon mustard seeds
4 to 5 curry leaves
To serve with:
Method to make Methi Pakoda:
- In a bowl mix methi, coriander, curd, salt, green chilies, 1 1/2 table spoon oil and mix well.
- Add besan and make thick better of pouring consistency with the help of water.
- Sprinkle soda bi carb on the surface of better and pour another 1 1/2 table spoon hot oil over it. Beat properly for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop spoon full of better in hot oil for frying. Repeat the same for remaining. Fry till light brown at medium flame.
- When ready remove and drain on absorbent tissue.
- Serve ho and delicious Methi Pakoda with dip, curd and green chutney.
Method to make dip:
- Mix besan, water and curd in a bowl and whisk it. Add salt, green chilies and turmeric powder to it.
- Cook it till boiling temp.
- In another vessel heat oil and add mustard seeds, let them crackle. Add curry leaves and transfer the contains to dip. Again cook for 2 minutes.