Recipe by Naiya Sheth: Oats is a very healthy grain. Normally it is used with wheat flour. But here In this recipe this is a very delicious open sandwich. For more binding I used some semolina along with lots of vegetables. So try this yummy and healthy Oats Sandwich as any time snack or as healthy breakfast.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 5 to 7 minutes
Makes – 4 sandwiches
Ingredients to make Oats Sandwich:
4 slices bread
Butter as needed
¼ cup oats (roasted)
¼ cup semolina (roasted)
½ cup curd
Salt to taste
1 onion finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped capsicum
(Red, yellow and green)
2 table spoon boiled sweet corn
2 table spoon cheese spread
2 table spoon finely chopped coriander
1 tea spoon green chili paste
½ tea spoon chili flacks
½ tea spoon oregano (opt.)
To serve with:
Tomato ketch up
Method to make Oats Sandwich:
- In a bowl mix oats, semolina and curd, keep a side for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now add other material of spread to it. And mix well. Add water if needed.
How to assemble Oats Sandwich:
- On a side of bread apply spread properly. Grease non-stick tavi with butter and place bread upside down on it.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes at medium flame. Apply some butter on upper side of bread and turn carefully.
- Cook till crisp at slow flame. Repeat the same for remaining.
- Healthy and quick Oats sandwich is ready to serve.
- Serve it with tomato ketch up.
· While cooking at other side grated cheese also can be used for kids.