Preparation time - 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time - 10 to 15 minutes
Makes - 25 to 30 glasses (approx.)
Ingredients to Make Raw Mango Squash:
750-gram raw tota mango
250 grams any raw mango
800 grams sugar
A pinch powdered green apple colour
Few drops of raw mango essence
Salt to taste
Roasted cumin powder
Method to Make Raw Mango Squash:
- Peel and remove seeds from washed raw mangoes.
- Chop them and pressure cook them with a little water. Let it cool at room temperature and then open the lead.
- At this stage add sugar to it.
- Dilute green apple colour in some water and add it to above mixture, at last, add raw mango essence to it and preservative if needed.
- Crush it to fine paste and strain.
- Store raw mango squash to air tight container. After cooling it will look like jelly.
How to assemble:
- Take 1/4 part of squash, 1/4 part crushed ice and 1/2 part chilled water and churn properly. Add salt and cumin powder, mix well.
- To make raw mango cooler replace water and ice with soda and vanilla ice cream. And garnish with some squash. You may top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream also.
Recipe by Naiya Sheth.