Recipe by Naiya Sheth : Learn how to make Almond Soup. If you are bored of same old cheese corn tomato soup, sweet corn soup, minestrone soup, tomato soup, hot n sour soup, chilli beans soup, mix veg. soup, and mutter coriander soup. Just try this rich and different soup. It’s a home made recipe for rich and healthy Almond Soup in microwave. As the name indicates it is very rich and healthy, and above all it is made in microwave, so very easy and quick also.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time - 6 minutes
Serves – 4 people
Ingredients to make Almond Soup:
1 table spoon blanched almonds
2 table spoon cashew nut powder
½ cup boiled and mashed potato
1 small onion – finely chopped
½ cup cream
1 table spoon butter
Salt to taste
½ tea spoon black pepper powder
Few drops almond essence
1 table spoon refined flour
2½ cup water
1 table spoon chopped coriander
Black pepper powder
Method to make Almond Soup:
- Crush almonds roughly.
- In a big microwave bowl add butter, onion and mashed potato, mix well. Cook for 2 minutes at MICRO HI.
- Let it cool at room temperature. Churn and strain it.
- Again pour in a microwave proof bowl and add cashew powder, salt, pepper powder and coriander. Cook for 4 minutes at MICRO HI.
- Add cream and essence, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander, black pepper powder or sliced almonds.
- Hot and creamy Almond Soup is ready to serve.