Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 35 to 40 minutes
Makes - 10 to 13 kachories (approx.)
Ingredients to make Khasta Kachori:
For outer Layer:
500 grams refined flour
2 to 3 table spoon semolina
Salt to taste
4 to 5 table spoon oil
Oil for frying
3/4 cup soaked yellow moong dal
2 table spoon gram flour
1/4 tea spoon asafoetida
1 tea spoon cumin seeds
1/2 tea spoon ginger paste
1/2 tea spoon green chilli paste
1 tea spoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 table spoon oil
1/2 tea spoon garam masala powder
1 tea spoon dry mango powder
To serve with:
Boiled and finely chopped potatoes
Finely chopped onion
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Method to make Khasta Kachori:
For outer layer:
- Make dough same as crispy khasta kachori.
- Cover and keep a side for minimum 10 minutes.
- Drain soaked moong dal in big strainer for 3 to 7 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it, when it crackles add ginger and chiili paste to it and moong dal to it. Add spices and garm flour to it and cook for 3 to 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When ready remove from flame and let it cool at room temperature.
- When cool divide in to equal parts.
How to proceed:
- Make kachories as the same process of crispy khasta kachori.
- Store in a air tight container.
How to serve:
- At the time of serving warm kachori in OTG for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Make a hole in kachori and fill moong,potato and all chutneys and curd to it.
- Garnish with nylon sev, chopped coriander leaves, onion and pomegranate.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala to it.
- Yummy Rajasthani style Khasta Kachori is ready to serve.
- In stead of filling chutneys to kachori you may serve it separately.