Recipe by Naiya Sheth: Fast foods are very popular now days. Vegetable Cutlet is very well known fast food, but here it’s an honest try to make it healthy by adding lots of vegetables and paneer – cottage cheese. So that it can be full with vitamins and calcium.
Simple and easy, these cutlets add a new twist to snacking and are ideal for a meal too. Made up of healthy vegetables and seasoned perfectly.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Serves – 4 people
Ingredients to make Vegetable Cutlets:
200 gram boiled and mashed potatoes
100 gram boiled green peas
100 gram paneer- cottage cheese - grated
1 medium carrot – finely chopped
¼ cup cabbage – finely chopped
1 onion – finely chopped
8 to 10 boiled French beans – finely chopped
2 table spoon coriander – finely chopped
8 to 10 green chilies – crushed
Salt to taste
1 tea spoon garam masala
1 tea spoon cumin seeds powder
2 tea spoon sugar
½ to ¾ cup bread crumbs
2 table spoon corn flour
½ cup corn flour slurry
Oil for frying
To serve with:
Tomato ketch up
Method to make Vegetable cutlets:
1. Mix all the ingredients of cutlet in a big mixing bowl. (avoid corn flour slurry and bread crumbs)
2. Make mixture so that cutlet can be prepared easily. If required add more corn flour.
3. Divide them and make cutlets of equal size.
4. Dip them in corn flour slurry and roll in bread crumbs. Repeat the same process for the remaining.
5. Fry cutlets in hot oil. When it becomes light brown in color, remove from oil and drain in absorbent kitchen tissue.
6. Hot and spicy cutlets are ready to serve. Serve them with French fries and tomato ketch up.