Recipe by Naiya Sheth : Learn how to make cucumber drink. Very hot and irritating summer is here. So here it's a home made recipe from a wonderful vegetable to beat scorching summer. It belongs to the gourd family. It is one of the oldest vegetables originated in northern India. Cucumber contains vitamin A, C,E and K. And of course it is a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, zinc etc. So in short it's a healthy and chilled home made recipe from this super vegetable.
Ingredients to make Cucumber Drink:
10 to 12 mint leaves
500 grams fresh cucumber
1/4 tea spoon ginger paste
1/4 tea spoon black pepper powder
1 green chilly (opt.)
1 tea spoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
4 to 5 ice cubes (crushed)
Method to make Cucumber Drink:
- Wash and chop cucumber and make fresh juice from it.
- In a small mixture jar crush mint, ginger and green chilly paste to fine paste.
- In a b ig mixing bowl pour cucumber juice. Add salt, lemon juice, black pepper powder and mint paste.
- Add crushed ice and mix well.
- Strain if needed.
- Pour chilled Cucumber Drink in a glass and garnish with lemon slice and mint leaves.