We Indian and specially Gujarati are very fond of snacks, to which we call farsan. So, here it's a homemade recipe for traditional smosa, I learn it from my mother. I have made few changes on it. Basically it's a snack with rich filling of green peas and potatoes. No doubt it's fried snack, heavy in cal. and tricky to make. But it tastes very nice. So enjoy cooking Green Peas samosa.
Preparation time - 25 to 30 minutes
Cooking time - 25 to 30 minutes
Serves - 4 person
2 cup refined flour
2 table spoon corn flour
2 table spoon oil
1 table spoon butter or ghee
Salt to taste
2 cups green peas
2 small potatoes
1 medium onion (opt.)
1 1/2 table spoon oil
1 tea spoon cumin seeds
1 tea spoon sesame seeds
1 1/2 table spoon finely chopped green chilies
1 tea spoon crushed ginger
1 tea spoon turmeric powder
1 tea spoon dry coriander powder
1 tea spoon cumin powder
1 tea spoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1 tea spoon dry mango powder
1 1/2 table spoon sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
Oil for frying
Tomato ketch up
Method to make Samosa:
- Mix all the ingredients of dough and knead soft dough from it.
- Cover and keep aside for at least 30 minutes. After that again punch it and make equal size balls from it.
- Boil green peas and chopped potatoes in pressure cooker. When cooked remove from it and spread in a big plate to remove steam. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. When it crackles add ginger, garlic and sesame seeds to it. Now add boiled green peas, potatoes and onion to it.
- Add salt and other dry spices to it. Mix well and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- At last sprinkle coriander leaves and keep aside to cool at room temp.
To assemble Samosa:
- Roll medium thick roti from ball, divide it into 2 equal parts. Fill stuffing on one corner and cover it from other corner. Keep aside covered in a muslin cloth. Repeat the same for remaining.
- Heat oil in a pan and dip fry samosa at medium flame. Fry till golden brown. When done remove from oil and drain on absorbent tissue.
- Hot and delicious Green Peas Samosa are ready to serve. Serve it with tomato ketch up and coriander chutney.
- Re frying will give more crispiness.
- Onion and potatoes can be avoided.