Recipe by Naiya Sheth : Learn how to make Rajgira Halwo. Janmashtami is the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna and is celebrated all over India. It is a celebration of the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu. This religious festival is celebrated on astami of Krishna paksha of Shravan month according to the Hindu calender with great devotion and zeal. It is also known as Gokulashtami and Krishnaasthami.
Rajigra Halwo is made from rajigra flour and you can eat it in fast. It's a stomach feeling recipe for fasts. The most important thing about this recipe is that it is made in the microwave oven, so very quick and easy to make and fast to eat.
Preparation time - 2 minutes
Cooking time - 5 minutes
Serves - 3 persons
Ingredients to make Rajigra halwo:
1/2 cup rajigra flour (coarse)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup ghee
1/2 tea spoon cardamom powder
1 pinch saffron
Method to make Rajigra Halwo:
- In a big microwave, bowl mix ghee and rajigra flour. Cook for 1 minute at micro high. Stir and again cook for 1 minute at micro high. If you want more roasting cook for 1/2 minute more.
- Add water and cook for 1 minute at micro med., now add sugar and again cook for 1 minute at micro med. Add saffron and cardamom powder and cook for 1 minute at micro med.
- Rich Rajigra halwo is ready to serve, garnish with cardamom seeds, chopped almonds and chopped pistachio.
- You make this recipe on fire also. But in that case, stir continually.
- In case you are making on fire, you will require more quantity of ghee.
- The timing of cooking in a microwave may different as the different brand.