Today is sharad purnima, on this day we people of Gujarat makes Doodh pauva - a very delicious sweet version of poha. It is very easy and mouth-watering also. Officially it has to be taken at night of sharad purnima after placing the bowl of Doodh pauva under the moonlight. But it is very tasty anytime. So try this homemade recipe of freeze cool doodh pauva today.
Shahi Doodh Pauva with saffron also can be made.
Preparation time - 5 minutes
Soaking time 3 to 4 hours
Cooking time - nil
Ingredients to make Doodh pauva:
1 cup poha
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
2 to 3 tablespoon sugar
Milk as needed
Method to make Doodh Pauva:
- Wash poha with tap water and then soak in chilled milk.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Keep in refrigerator for minimum 3 to 4 hours.
- At the time of serving mix, a scoop of vanilla ice cream to it and again mix properly.
- Garnish with Sliced almonds, Sliced pistachio and Cardamom powder.
- Delicious and mouth watering Doodh Pauva is ready to serve. For better result serve chilled.
- Instead of vanilla ice cream Kesar Pista ice cream also can be used.