In earlier we saw lots of south Indian recipes. In Indian breakfast recipes south Indian recipes are very favourite. In earlier recipe we made idli, but here it's a recipe of yummy and healthy cheese spinach idli. it is very delicious and healthy also. If left over or ready idli batter is there it's very easy to make this recipe. It can be made from batter and flour both. But I prefer to make from batter instead of flour to make idli more puffy. So try this healthy recipe today.Preparation time - 10 minutes
Steaming time - 12 to 15 minutes
Makes - 35 to 40 idlies (approx.)
Ingredients to make Cheese Spinach idli:
1 recipe Idli batter
1 cup spinach pure
2 to 3 green chillies finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 cup grated cheese
1 table spoon fruit salt
To serve with:
Method to make Cheese Spinach Idli:
- Add spinach pure to idli batter. Make sure to add less water in spinach pure.
- Add green chillies and salt to taste and again mix well. At this stage add 1/2 cup grated cheese to batter and mix well.
- Pore the batter in greased idli stand and spread some grated cheese over each idli.
- Sprinkle some chilli flacks and steam for 10 to 12 minutes in hot steamer at high flame.
- When ready remove from mould and serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Cheesy and healthy cheese spinach idli is ready to serve.
Recipe by Naiya Sheth.