Preparation time - 10 minutes
Soaking time - 6 to 7 hours
Cooking time - 5 to 7 minutes
Ingredients to make Variyali Sharbat:
100 grams variyali - fennel seeds
100 grams sugar or sakar
Salt to taste
Juice of 2 lemons
3 teaspoon jal jeera powder
Method to make Variyali Sharbat:
- Soak variyali in water for 6 to 7 hours or overnight.
- After that let it boil for 2 minutes. Cool at room temperature.
- When cool churn to smooth paste with sugar. Strain it.
- At the time of serving add some variyali sharbat in a glass and then fill with crushed ice or chilled water.
- Add salt to taste and lemon juice. At last add jal jeera powder and mix well.
- Serve Variyali Sharbat chilled.
- To make the process quick and easy crush fennel seeds before soaking.
Recipe By Naiya Sheth.