Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 10 to 15 minutes
Serves - 4
Ingredients to make Batata Poha:
1 big potato finely chopped
2 cups beaten rice - poha
3 tablespoon oil
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 to 4 green chillies finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped cashews
1 teaspoon raisins
1 onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato - finely chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander
Method to Make Batata Poha:
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it. When they crackle add curry leaves, green chillies, cashews, sesame seeds and raisins at slow flame. After that add onion and cook until light pink in colour.
- Now add finely chopped potato and a pinch salt. Mix well and cook till potato is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile wash and soak poha - beaten rice in water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain extra water and add salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and sugar to it. Mix well.
- When potatoes are cooked add above mixture of poha and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. At last add green peas, tomato and carrots. Mix well.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with sev, masala bundi, coriander and coconut.
- Serve hot batata poha as breakfast or tea time snacks also. I think it's ideal for kids lunch box also.
- To cut cooking time boiled potato can be taken.
- Garnish at the time of serving only.
Recipe By Naiya Sheth.