Recipe by Naiya Sheth : Learn how to make Chilli Bean Soup. This is a homemade recipe for a very well known Mexican Soup. Chilly Bean Soup is made from beans and vegetables so, good in taste and also good for health. This recipe is made in microwave so, quick also.
Preparation time - 30 minutes
Cooking time – 7 minutes
Serves – 4 people
Ingredients to make Chilly Beans Soup:
1 cup boiled kidney beans
1 onion – finely chopped
½ capsicum - finely chopped
1 tomato – finely chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup white sauce
2 cups tomato puree
1 table spoon chili sauce
2 table spoon tomato sauce
1 table spoon vinegar
½ tea spoon oregano
½ tea spoon red pepper powder
½ tea spoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 table spoon oil
To serve with:
Method to make Chilly Bean Soup:
1. In big microwave proof bowl mix oil, onion and vegetables, cook for 2 minutes at MICRO HI.
2. Mix other ingredients and again cook for 5 minutes at MICRO HI.
3. Garnish with cream or grated cheese.
4. Hot and delicious Chilly Bean Soup is ready to serve. Serve it with French bread.
For vegetable stock:
1. Add all the vegetable in a big microwave proof bowl and add water to it.
2. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes at MICRO HI.
3. Crush and strain it.