Recipe by Naiya Sheth: Normally we are used to feel that chaats are junk food. But here it’s a homemade recipe for Nutritious Chaat. It is healthy and testy and of course very easy to make.
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Serves – 6 people
Ingredients to make Nutritious Chaat:
4 table spoon chilly tomato ketch up
100 grams mung sprouts
¼ cups soya granules
1 small carrot – finely chopped or grated
2 to 3 table spoon boiled corns
1 small cucumber – finely chopped
2 table spoon finely chopped capsicum
2 to 3 table spoon finely chopped beat root
1 big onion - finely chopped
1 big tomato - finely chopped
2 to 3 green chili - finely chopped
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
1 to 2 table spoon finely chopped mint leaves
2 table spoon lemon juice
1 table spoon chaat masalo
¼ tea spoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
Method to make Nutritious Chaat:
1. Steam the sprouts for 5 minutes over boiling water. Keep a side.
2. Soak soya granules in hot water for 5 minutes. Then drain water and keep a side.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl and add chilly tomato ketch up.
4. Garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves.
5. Quick and healthy Nutritious Chaat is ready to serve.
6. Serve immediately.
Other beans and vegetables can be added as per choice.