Recipe by Naiya Sheth: Jal jeera is another very popular drink of India. It is known for its digestive and refreshing properties. Jaljeera or Cumin water not only quenches thirst but increases the appetite too. In short we can say that jal jeera is spicy and lemony refreshing Indian drink with digestive qualities.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – nil
Serves – 6 glasses
Ingredients to make Jal jeera:
2 table spoon dry mango powder
½ cup chopped coriander
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
1 to 2 chopped green chilies
½ tea spoon roasted cumin seeds
½ tea spoon black salt
1 table spoon sugar
Salt to taste
4 glasses water
2 cups crushed ice
Fresh lemon juice (opt.)
Method to make Jal jeera:
- Crush coriander, mint and dry spices to gether.
- Add some water and crush properly.
- Strain it and add 5 to 6 spoon full of above paste in water as per the taste.
- For serving mix jaljeera water to crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slice. Cool and attractive Jaljeera is ready to serve.
Diet can use sugar free instead of sugar or have just with salt.