Recipe by Naiya Sheth: Learn How to Make Potatoes in Curd Gravy. Potatoes are loved by everyone. So, here it’s a homemade recipe for all time favorite potatoes and curd – Potatoes in curd gravy.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serves – 5 people
Ingredients to make Potatoes in Curd Gravy:3 medium potatoes – boiled and peeled
1 cup curd or yogurt – whipped
1 tea spoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
½ tea spoon dry coriander powder
¼ tea spoon turmeric powder
¼ tea spoon garam masala
1 pinch asafoetida – hing
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 ¼ cup water
½ tea spoon ginger paste
½ tea spoon garlic paste
1 tea spoon cumin seeds
1 tea spoon mustard seeds
¼ tea spoon wheat flour
1 table spoon oil
¼ cup corn flour slurry
Chopped coriander leaves
Green chilies – slits
Method to make Potatoes in Curd Gravy:1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds in it. When they crackle, add ginger and garlic paste and curry leaves.
2. Mix all dry herbs in water and add it in to the pan. Let it cook for 2 minutes or till boiling.
3. Mix corn flour slurry and whipped curd and add them to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, stir continually.
4. Add remaining water and chopped potatoes. Add wheat flour and stir well.
5. Cook for at least 10 minutes at slow flame. Garnish with green chilly slits and coriander leaves.
6. Hot and tangy Indian style Potatoes in curd gravy is ready to serve.
7. Serve it with chapattis or roties.