Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 40 minutes
Ingredients to make Pav Bhaji:
3 finely chopped onion
6 blanched and chopped tomatoes
2 peeled and chopped carrots
1/2 cup green peas
1 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
3/4 cup chopped cabbage
6 table spoon oil or butter
1 tea spoon ginger paste
1 tea spoon garlic paste
2 table spoon pav bhaji masala
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
1 tea spoon red chilly powder
1/2 chopped capsicum
Salt to taste
Chopped spring onion
To serve with:
Method to make Pav Bhaji:
- Wash potatoes. Put in a plastic bag and microwave for 5 minutes. Peel and mash coarsely.
- In a deep micro proof bowl, put carrots, peas, cauliflower and cabbage. Add ½ cup water. Mix and microwave for 8 minutes. Let it cool. Mash roughly.
- In a microwave, dish add butter , onions, ginger-garlic paste, 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala and turmeric powder. Mix well. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Add blanched and chopped tomatoes and roughly mashed vegetables. Mix well. Add 2tbsp butter, salt to taste. Cover and microwave for 10 minutes. Stir once in between.
- Add 1 cup water. Mix and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp pav bhaji masala and 1 table spoon butter.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, spring onion and cashew.
- Hot and delicious Pav Bhaji is ready to serve.
- Serve it with butter pav, onion and lemon slices.
- Refer microwave cooking tips for the process of blanching tomatoes.
- To give more attractive red colour take red chilli paste instead of red chilli powder. To make it soak Kashmiri dry red chillies in water for 30 minutes and make the smooth paste from it.