Learn how to make Dry Idli Manchurian. This is a fusion recipe of south Indian and Chinese cousin. Dry Idli Manchurian can be made from left over idlies also. It is a testy combination of fried idli and Manchurian sauce. That’s why it can be a healthy version of normal Manchurian.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 -25 minutes
Serves – 4 people
20 – 25 mini idlies – (can take veg. idli also)
Left over cold idli is more preferable
1 cup medium thick slurry of refined flour and corn flour
2 tea spoon soy sauce
1 tea spoon ginger – garlic paste
Oil for deep frying
Ingredients to coat idlies:
1 ½ - table spoon oil
3 to 4 green chilies
2 table spoon corn flour
2 table spoon Soya sauce
A pinch aaji no motto
¼ cup water
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Finely chopped greens of spring onion
- Add soy sauce and ginger – garlic paste and salt to medium thick slurry of corn flour and refined flour.
- Coat idlies with slurry. If you don’t have mini idlies cut them in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry coated idlies in it at high flame.
- Drain them in an absorbent paper. Keep a side.
- In another pan, heat 1 table spoon oil and fry onion and green chilly at fast flame. Add aaji no motto and garlic at same flame.
- Now mix Soya sauce and corn flour in ¼ cup water. Mix well.
- Add Soya sauce mixture in pan at low flame. Cook till thick.
- Add fried idlies in it and cook for 2 minutes only.
- Transfer Dry Idli Manchurian in a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves and spring onion.
- Serve hot.