Learn how to make Mung Dal Halwa: There are many kind of halwas in Indian traditional sweet. Here it’s a recipe for most popular Mung Dal Halwa.
Preparation time – 2 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Ingredients to make Mung Dal Halwa:
1 cup course mung dal flour
1 tea spoon whole mung dal (opt.)
1 cup ghee
1 cup sugar
4 cup boiling water
½ tea spoon cardamom powder
Method to make Mung Dal Halwa:
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add mung dal flour and mung dal in it. Roast at slow flame till light brown.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water in it and let it cook till mung dal absorbs water. Stir continually.
- Add sugar and remaining water and saffron into it and cook well.
- Cook till it separates ghee. Add cardamom powder.
- Hot and yummy Mung Dal Halwa is ready to serve.
- Garnish with almond, pista and cashews.