Serves - 4
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Ingredients to make Rava Idli:250 grammes sooji - semolina
2 to 3 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon finely chopped curry leaves
1 tablespoon cashews
1/2 cup whipped curd
Salt to taste
1 pouch fruit salt/Eno
1 tablespoon grated carrot
1 teaspoon finely chopped capsicum
To serve with:Sambhar
Method to make Rava Idli:
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds to it. When it crackles add cashews and curry leaves to it.
- Mix sooji and above tadka properly. Add whipped curd into it and mix well. Add some water if required. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Now add salt to taste and then add carrot and capsicum to it. Mix well.
- Add ENO and mix properly. Pour the mixture in Idli stand and steam for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Repeat the process for the rest. Let it cool at room temperature and remove from the stand.
- Serve hot Rava Idli with sambhar and coconut chutney.