Recipe by Naiya Sheth: In earlier recipe, we made very simple and popular aloo paratha. But now it's time to make healthier and delicious paratha. As the name indicates it contains palakh and paneer which are very good for health. And as earlier paratha, it is the best choice for kid lunch box also. So try this healthy and delicious Palakh Paneer Paratha as breakfast, snacks or for single menu dinner also.
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Makes - 2 parathas
Ingredients to make Palakh Paneer Paratha:
8 to 10 leaves spinach
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 green chilli
Whole wheat or multigrain flour as needed
1 tablespoon curd
A pinch soda bi carb
1 teaspoon oil
Paneer from 1-litre milk
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped green chilly
1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
1/4 teaspoon chaat masalo
Oil for cooking
Dry rice flour for dusting
To serve with:
Method to make Palakh Paneer Paratha:
- Blanch palakh in boiling water for 2 minutes. Don't forget to add few drops of oil and pinch of salt in water.
- Remove from hot water and soak in tap water.
- Drain and when cool churn to smooth paste with green chilli.
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients of dough excluding flour.
- Mix well. And add flour as needed to knead semi soft dough. No need to add water, Keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Crumble paneer and add all ingredients to it. Mix well.
How to assemble:
- Make 4 equal balls from dough and roll them like semi thick chapati. Take dry rice flour for dusting.
- Place 1st chapati on the flat surface and spread stuffing over it.
- Place another chapati over it and press properly. Seal with water if needed.
- Make the impression with the fork and cook on tavi - griddle with oil till you see light brown spots.
- Repeat the same for remaining.
- Serve hot Palakh Paneer Paratha with curd or tomato ketchup.