Recipe by Naiya Sheth. Hot hot summer is back again. To enjoy this summer I have a chilled and refreshing recipe of Kokam Sharbat. Actually we use kokam in gujaati dal and sometimes in kadhi also. But now it's time for Kokam Sharbat. Actually kokam is dark puple to black in colour with curdle edges. They are sticky by nature and releases sour taste while boiling. To get the best result I did not add any artificial colour. So enjoy cooking and drinking Kokam Sharbat.
Preparation time - 2 to 3 minutes
Cooking time - 5 to 7 minutes
Ingredients to make Kokam Sharbat:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup dry kokam
1 cup water
Salt and black salt to taste
Roasted cumin powder
Method to make Kokam Sharbat:
- In a thick bottom pan add sugar and water together.
- Cook them at medium flame till sugar melts.
- Add kokam to it and again cook for 3 to 4 minutes at medium flame.
- Let them cool at room temperature. Now press kokam properly and strain with very thin strainer.
- To serve add some ice to glass and pore 1/4 part of concentrate to it.
- Fill with chilled water and at last add salt, black salt and roasted cumin powder to it.
- Stir and your refreshing Kokam Sharbat is ready to serve.