Preparation time - 20 minutes
Cooking time - 20 to 25 minutes
Makes - 10 parathas (approx.)
Ingredients to make Lachha Paratha:
2 table spoon ghee
Salt to taste
Ghee or oil for spreading
Dry rice flour for dusting
Ghee or butter to apply
Method to make Lachha Paratha:
- In a big bowl mix flour, ghee and salt and then knead soft dough from it. Take some oil or ghee on palm and knead properly to make smooth dough. Keep a side covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in 10 equal balls, roll it thin and then apply ghee or butter over it. Sprinkle some dry flour over it.
- After that try to make fleets. When done twist and make a flat round like jalebi.
- Roll carefully, take some dry flour if required.
- On a hot tava - griddle drizzle some ghee or butter and place ready paratha. Cook at medium flame, apply some ghee or butter if like till light brown at both sides. Press gently to cook evenly.
- Pat gently the sides of paratha with kitchen towel to highlight the layers properly.
- Repeat the same for remaining. Apply extra ghee or butter over hot Lachha Paratha and serve with curry, vegetable or raita.