Preparation time - 20 minutes
Cooking time - 15 to 20 minutes
Soaking time - 10 minutes
Makes - 4 plates ( approx.)
Ingredients to make Stuffed Dahi Vada:
2 boiled and mashed potatoes
1 table spoon par boiled carrots - finely chopped
1 table spoon boiled green peas
2 to 3 green chillies finely chopped
1/4 tea spoon crushed ginger
A pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tea spoon lemon juice
1 tea spoon sugar
2 table spoon finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
For outer layer:
Dahi vada better 2 cups
Oil for frying
2 cups whisked curd
1 1/2 to 2 table spoon sugar
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder
roasted cumin powder
Method to make Stuffed Dahi Vada:
- Mix all ingredients of stuffing in a bowl. Make equal size small balls from it and keep a side covered.
For stuffed Dahi vada:
- Prepare Dahi vada better as the recipe of Dahi vada.
- Heat oil, dip stuffing balls in better and fry in hot oil at medium flame till light brown.
- When ready, dip in water for minimum 10 minutes.
- Mean while add sugar and salt to whisked curd and mix well.
- After that remove and place them in serving plate.
- Spread above curd over it. Spead some chutneys as the taste and garnish with red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masalo, pomegranate seeds, nylon sev and coriander leaves.
- Chilled and delicious stuffed Dahi vada is ready to serve.