Recipe by Naiya Sheth : Learn How to Make Aloo Dum: Here Aloo Dum is one of the favorite Indian vegetable recipes. It is more popular in kids and youngsters. So, enjoy great recipe for aloo dum at home.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serves – 4 people
Ingredients to make Aloo Dum:10 to 12 small - baby potatoes
2 to 3 onions – finely chopped
2 table spoon grated coconut
¼ tea spoon ginger paste
1 tea spoon green chili paste
¼ tea spoon cardamom powder
½ cup whipped curd
1 tea spoon garam masala powder
1 table spoon poppy seeds – khuskhus
1 ½ to 2 tea spoon dry coriander powder
¼ tea spoon cumin powder
1 tea spoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying potatoes
2 table spoon oil
Chopped coriander leaves
Method to make Aloo Dum:
- Make fine paste from green chilies, ginger, cardamom, poppy seeds and coconut.
- Pars boil baby potatoes. Keep at room temperature. Peel them and prick them with fork.
- Fry them in hot oil till it turns to light brown. Drain on an absorbant kitchen tissue and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion in it till light brown.
- Add above paste to it and fry till oil seperates.
- Add chili powder, cumin powder and dry coriander powder. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add whipped curd, salt and fried potatoes. Add ¼ cup water and let it cook for at least 10 minutes. After the gravy is thick add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Hot and spicy Aaloo Dum is ready to serve. Serve it with roti, naan or kulcha.