Another kind of rice recipe in Indian cuisine. Jeera rice can be served with curry, dal fry or dal makhani. Here it's a home made the recipe for jeera rice in the micro wave. So, enjoy easy and quick jeera rice with dal, curry and even with Gujarati kadhi also.
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 13 minutes
Serves - 6 persons
Ingredients to make Jeera Rice:
1 cup washed and 20 minutes soaked -
1 piece cinnamon
2 pieces cloves
1 teaspoon ghee
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 to 5 cup water
Salt to taste (opt.)
To serve with:
Method to make Jeera rice:
- In a big microwave safe bowl mix ghee, rice, clove, cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- Cook for 1 minute at MICRO HI.
- Add salt and water. Cover half of the bowl and then cook for 7 minutes at MICRO HI. Stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes at MICRO MED. stir.
- Again cook for 2 minutes at MICRO LOW. Stand for 2 minutes.
- Hot and quick Jeera rice is ready to serve with dal fry or dal makhani.
Recipe By Naiya Sheth.