Preparation time - 3 minutes
Cooking time - 7 minutes
Serves - 4 persons
Ingredients to make Gujarati Kadhi:
1 cup sour curd (medium sour)
2 table spoon gram flour - chana flour
1 tea spoon ginger paste
2 tea spoon green chilly - finely chopped
3 cups water
4 to 5 table spoon sugar
For tempering - tadka:1 small piece cinnamon
2 pieces cloves
2 tea spoon ghee
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 dry red chilly
1/2 tea spoon mustard seeds
1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds
1 pinch asafoetida
Fresh coriander leaves
- First of all in a big microwave proof bowl mix whipped curd, gram flour,green chilly, ginger paste and water. Mix properly. Blend if needed.
- Now add salt and sugar to it.
- Cook for 4 minutes at MICRO HI. Stir in between after 2 minutes.
- Transfer in microwave proof serving bowl.
- In another pan heat ghee on fire. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to it. When they crackles add asafoetida, curry leaves, dry red chilly, cloves and cinnamon.
- Pour it to the kadhi.
- Again cook for 3 minutes at MICRO HI.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Piping hot Gujarati Kadhi is ready to serve. Serve it with pulav, khichdi or rice.
- Cooking timing may differ as per the microwave.
- You can change cooking time as the required thickness of kadhi.