Preparation time - 20 minutes
Cooking time - 20 to 25 minutes
Serves - 4 person
Ingredients to make Fada ni Khichdi:
3/4 cup broken wheat
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
1/2 cup gram dal
2 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon oil
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
3 to 4 green chillies finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 big finely chopped onion
1 carrot chopped
1 potato peeled and chopped
1/4 cup green peas
1/2 teaspoon garam masalo
4 to 4 1/2 cups hot water
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander leaves
To serve with:
Method to make Fada ni khichdi:
- Wash and soak broken wheat, gram dal and moong dal in lukewarm water for minimum 20 minutes.
- In a small pressure, pan add ghee and oil and then add cumin seeds, when they crackle add curry leaves, green chillies and ginger paste. Add chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes. Now add remaining vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Stir well.
- Now add soaked fada, moong dal and gram dal and add salt and lukewarm water.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Let it cool at room temperature.
- When cool remove from cooker and transfer into serving bowl. Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot fada ni khichdi with curd or even can be served with mix veg. raita also.