Preparation time - 10 minutes
Soaking time - 30 minutes
Cooking time - 25 to 20 minutes
Serves - 4 persons
Ingredients to make Shahi Dalia Khichdi:
1 cup dalia - broken wheat
1/4 cup mung dal - yellow
1/4 cup chana dal - gram dal
1 small onion
2 tablespoon green peas
2 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
1 small potato
1/4 teaspoon ginger paste
1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
2 to 3 green chillies finely chopped
2 tablespoon mix dry fruits
(cashews, almonds, raisins)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon ghee - clarified butter
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander
To serve with:
Method to make Shahi Dalia Khichdi:
- Wash and soak dalia in hot water for minimum 30 minutes.
- Wash and soak mung dal and chana dal in hot water for minimum 10 to 15 minutes.
- Boil green peas and carrot in boiling water
- In a pressure cooker add Soaked dalia and dals, salt,chopped potato, turmeric powder and about 3 cups of water to it. Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile get ready the tempering. For tempering heat oil and ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. When they crackle add ginger and garlic paste to it. Now add chopped onion to it and cook for 2 minutes. Add vegetables and chopped dry fruits to it and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add cooked khichdi to it and mix well. At the last cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer Shahi Dalia Khichdi in serving bowl and garnish with coriander and roasted dry fruits.
- Serve hot with Gujarati Kadhi.