How to Make Handvo
Preparation time - 15 to 20 minutes
Fermenting time - 6 to 7 hours
Baking time - 55 to 60 minutes
Serves - 6 person
Ingredients to make Handvo:
200 grams handva flour
200 grams yellow corn flour
200 grams Idli batter
1/4 cup semolina
1/4 cup curd
1 lemon juice
1 tea spoon soda bi carb
1 cup grated cabbage
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup soaked and boiled moraiyo
1/4 cup fresh sweet corn
3 table spoon crushed green peas
Salt to taste
2 table spoon crushed green chillies
1 tea spoon ginger paste
1 tea spoon turmeric powder
2 tea spoon red chilli powder
2 lemon juice
4 table spoon sugar
3 to 4 table spoon hot oil
1 table spoon fruit salt
Oil for greasing oven tray
3 table spoon oil
1 table spoon mustard seeds
2 table spoon sesame seeds
1/2 tea spoon asafoetida
1 table spoon red chilli powder
To serve with:
Tomato ketch up
Method to make Handvo:
- Heat water in a pan, mean while mix idli batter, yellow corn flour, semolina and handva flour in another big bowl.
- When water is hot add curd, lemon juice and soda bi carb to it. Mix well to above flour mixture. Make semi liquid batter and put it at warm place for 6 to 7 hours covered.
- Pre heat O.t.G. AT 300`C (maximum) with both top and bottom grill on.
- Crush moraiyo and sweet corn to smooth paste.
- Mix all spices and vegetables to fermented handvo batter.
- Add above moraiya mixture to it. At last add hot oil and mix well.
- Appl oil on oven tray. Mean while add fruit salt to handvo batter and mix well. Transfer the batter in oven tray. Make sure to fill half tray.
- Now get ready the temper. For that heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they crackles add asafoetida, sesame seeds and red chilli powder. Spread it over handvo batter in oven tray.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes at 300` temp. or till upper layer is crispy.
- Hot and delicious handvo is ready to serve. Traditionally it is served with oil. But now it can be served with tomato ketch up and green chutney.
- Ready made idli batter should be used but if it is not available idli flour or home made idli batter can be used.
- For handva flour also it can be available at grocery shop but it can be made at home by mixing 1 cup rice, 1/4 cup toovar dal and 2 table spoon chanadal's (gram dal) corse mixture.
- For moraiya mixture soak it in warm water for2 hours and then cook in microwave for 3 minutes.